Services for families with children in out-of-home placement and for parents in need of court-ordered supervised visitation with their non-custodial children. Focused on positive parent-child interactions and stabilizing family needs so children can grow and thrive.
With a goal of moving children toward safe home environments, trained staff members provide families with emotional and practical support to remove any barriers to reunification.
- Strengthening Parenting Skills
- Facilitating Parent-Child Visitation and Healthy Relationships
- Access to Stable Housing
- Job Readiness Skills
- Referrals for Basic Necessities
80% of children in this program moved closer to full family reunification.
COURT CASE MANAGEMENT
Outreach collaborates with cross-agency teams to support Lackawanna County Specialty Courts including Treatment Court, Veterans Court, Mental Health Court, and Intensive Reunification Court.
- Case Management
- Job Readiness
- Women’s Transition Program and Veterans Support Services
- Family Reunification
2400 children per year are impacted by parental incarceration at Lackawanna County Prison. Community support can result in life-changing positive progress.
Children and families of incarcerated individuals are supported through a variety of programs and services. Incarcerated men and women are educated inside the prison and have access to services post-incarceration.
- Personal Responsibility/Life Skills
- Support Groups
- Parenting Skills
- Math and Literacy Tutoring
- Job Readiness
- Avoiding Criminal and Addictive Thinking and Anger Management
- Specialized Programming for Women and Veterans
Outreach’s trains volunteer mentors as an integral part of the Veteran’s Treatment Court team.